Optimizing Your Health for Today & Tomorrow
While chiropractic care is ideal for anyone who wants to be and feel healthy at any age, it has significant benefits for people who want to maintain and optimize their health in their senior years.
With the average life expectancy in Hong Kong being 82 years, it’s no surprise that more and more people are seeking chiropractic care to restore the health and function of their muscles, bones and nerves.
A 1996 study on chiropractic care for seniors by Coulter found the following benefits:
- 87% of those who used chiropractic care rated their health as good or excellent compared with only 68% in the non-chiropractic group
- 13% of those who used chiropractic care rated their health as fair or poor compared with 32% in the non-chiropractic group
- 44% of those who used chiropractic care reported having arthritis compared with 66% in the non-chiropractic care group
- those who used chiropractic care were more likely to do strenuous levels of exercise
- at 3 years follow-up, less than 5% of those who used chiropractic care used a nursing home while a staggering 48% of those who did not use chiropractic care did use a nursing home
- at 3 years follow-up, only 26% of those who used chiropractic care were hospitalized compared with 48% of those in the non-chiropractic group
If you’re a senior who would like to know more about how you can maintain your health, talk to a chiropractor today.Back to Is it Right for Me? Book An Appointment
Are you wondering what it's like to receive chiropractic treatments?Your First Visit Fees & Coverage